UI - Tesis (Membership) :: Kembali

UI - Tesis (Membership) :: Kembali

Pengaruh persepsi kemampuan dan motivasi kerja terhadap kinerja pegawai di Lembaga Pemasyarakatan klas II A narkotika Jakarta = The influence perception of working ability and motivation on the performance of the employees of class II A narcotics penitentiary of Jakarta

Tejo Harwanto; Azhar Kasim, supervisor (Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik Universitas Indonesia, 2005)
 Abstrak
The criminal act of drugs abuse, which has been increasing in number nowadays, has threaten the life of all nations in the world including Indonesia due to the transnational distribution of illegal drugs.

The establishment of the Class II A Narcotics Penitentiary is a response of the Government, through the Directorate General of Penitentiary, to the Combating Drugs Abuse and Illicit Trade of Narcotics (P4GN) program. This policy is adapted from the people's demand to make changes to the existing system.

The rehabilitation of the criminals of narcotics case as a complex problem since they play part not only as drugs dealers, but also drugs addicts. This particular condition makes the rehabilitation of the narcotics prisoners is more complicated than other prisoners.

One of the aims of the establishment of the narcotics penitentiary is to cut off the link of illicit drugs trade in Indonesia. Thus, the people who administer the penitentiary are expected to be able to play their part and to run the penitentiary function properly. Every personnel of the penitentiary shall be provided with administrative and technical capability through education and training in order to carry out their main duty and function. They also need motivation to support their creativity and to enhance their performance.

The theory applied to study employee performance analysis in its relation to the prisoners' behavior is the employee performance theory by Keith Davis with the formula as follow: Human Performance = Ability + Motivation. One's performance is influenced by ability and motivation. While ability is obtained from education, training and experience, motivation rises from the impulse of humans desire to meet their basic necessities, which is expressed in their behavior.

In this research descriptive analytic method is employed. Distributing questionnaires as a means of data collection and doing interviews as the basis of rationality and objectivity of this research conduct a field approach of survey method.

A positive correlation coefficient value between ability variable and employee performance is resulted in this research. The ability variable correlation value over employee performance is r = 0.551. This indicates that the relation between working motivation and employee performance is positive. Based on the simple regression analysis, there is a positive and significant influence of ability variable over employee performance variable with a determinant correlation R2 of 0.424 or 0.424 x 100% = 42.4 %. The rest 57.6% is influenced by other variables beyond this research on a significance level of 0.000. It also found that there is a positive and significant influence of motivation variable on employee performance in the Class II A Narcotics Penitentiary with a determinant correlation R2 of 0.303 x 100% = 30.3%. The rest 69.7% is influenced by other variables beyond this research with significance level 0.000.

The multiple regression analysis performed shows that ability (X1) and motivation (X2) have consistently a positive and significant relation on employee performance (Y) with a correlation coefficient r2 of 0.673. This analysis also points out an influence of ability (X1) and motivation (X2) on employee performance (Y) with determinant coefficient R2 of 0.453 or 0.453 x 100% = 45.3% while the rest 54.3% is influenced by other variables beyond this research on a significance level of 0.000.

It can be concluded that there is a positive and significant relation between ability and motivation and employee performance. The influence perception of ability and motivation on employee performance also appears in the Class II A Narcotics Penitentiary although there is still a 54.7 % of it which is influenced by other variables.
 File Digital: 1
Shelf
 Pengaruh persepsi Full text (T 22631).pdf ::

Catatan : Menu Anggota

 Metadata
No. Panggil : T22631
Pengarang :
Pengarang/kontributor lain :
Subjek :
Penerbitan : Depok: Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik Universitas Indonesia, 2005
Program Studi :
Naskah Ringkas :
Sumber Pengatalogan :
Tipe Konten :
Tipe Media :
Tipe Carrier :
Deskripsi Fisik :
Catatan Bibliografi :
Lembaga Pemilik : Universitas Indonesia
Lokasi : Perpustakaan UI, Lantai 3
  • Ketersediaan
  • Ulasan
  • Sampul
No. Panggil No. Barkod Ketersediaan
T22631 15-19-049905168 TERSEDIA
Ulasan:
Tidak ada ulasan pada koleksi ini: 115912